Film & Motion Designer
You have extensive knowledge of cinematic language and combine modern technology with audiovisual storytelling. You are familiar with all steps from pre-production to post-production and are responsible for the successful implementation. Communicating your vision to the production team is just as important as your sense of narrative rhythm, dramatic composition and the visual impact it will have on your audience.
- Audiovisual storytelling & film dramatisation
- Computer-assisted montage, compositing & editing methods
- Combination of camera work & film editing
- 3D Modelling, Texturing, Shading & Animation
- Pre & Post Production, Colour Grading
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: You will learn how to use a film and video camera, obtain an insight into image design and dramaturgy as well as sound technology and lighting. You will create your own first clips and videos. You will assist a cameraman and will record original and atmospheric sound.
1. Semester: You will learn the basics of creative film cutting from the raw footage to the final cut. Learn about video signal and MAZ technology and train in optimal editing techniques. Develop your own cutting rhythm in doing so.
2. Semester: Learn about the basics of technology, image design and dramaturgy when it comes to filming. You will be responsible for the concept, shooting schedule and post-production. Together with the director you will work on small projects and cut footage which you have filmed.
2. Semester: You look through film footage and make use of your knowledge of dramaturgy, aesthetics and action rhythm. You optimise image and sound recording, synchronise the effects and music with it and provide structure to video clips, adverts, music videos and short films.
3. Semester: Be it the title sequence of a film, a trailer, music video, web or mobile design - moving images need to be designed. You work closely together with directors, programmers and producers and develop logos and openers as well as motion graphics and fonts.
3. Semester: You'll expand your skills in motion graphics and typography to include modeling, texturing, shading, and rigging in three-dimensional space. You'll create ideas on how to visually enhance film footage through compositing and apply them using industry-standards.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative industry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Video Producer
- FIlm Editor
- Camera Operator
- Motion Designer
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semester. Full time: 3 semester.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.