Camera Operator & Film Editor
In close cooperation with directors, authors and production firms you develop the visual concept for film and video productions. To do this, you have experience behind the camera as well as in editing and cutting recorded material.
- Selection of motifs, imagery & perspective
- Camera operation & image atmosphere
- ENG techniques, broadcast & post-production
- Checking & archiving video material
- Film editing & digital film cutting
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: You will learn how to use a film and video camera, obtain an insight into image design and dramaturgy as well as sound technology and lighting. You will create your own first clips and videos. You will assist a cameraman and will record original and atmospheric sound.
1. Semester: You will learn the basics of creative film cutting from the raw footage to the final cut. Learn about video signal and MAZ technology and train in optimal editing techniques. Develop your own cutting rhythm in doing so.
2. Semester: Learn about the basics of technology, image design and dramaturgy when it comes to filming. You will be responsible for the concept, shooting schedule and post-production. Together with the director you will work on small projects and cut footage which you have filmed.
2. Semester: You look through film footage and make use of your knowledge of dramaturgy, aesthetics and action rhythm. You optimise image and sound recording, synchronise the effects and music with it and provide structure to video clips, adverts, music videos and short films.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative industry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Video Producer
- FIlm Editor
- Camera Operator
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 4 semesters. Full time: 2 semesters.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.