Photo & Media Designer
You take on artistic responsibility for photo shoots and layouts. Your skilled knowledge of image composition, visual communication, media design and photography helps you to professionally prepare your ideas for use in various media.
- Photo shooting in a professional studio
- Image composition & digital editing
- Desktop publishing, artwork & graphic design
- Image & media law
- Fashion & advertising photography
Single courses in your Diploma
Computer Graphics Designer
1. Semester: You assemble images and design layouts, create logos, business cards and brochures. In doing so you work with professional graphics programmes and learn the basics of colour systems and fonts. You crop images and generate PDF files for various applications.
1. Semester: You use cameras, lenses, lighting and flash and assist a photographer in their work. In doing so you get to know the basics of visual communication and image design, carry out lighting measurements and become familiar with editing digital images.
2. Semester: Get an insight into the basics of visual communication and colour theory. You achieve new effects by playing with colours, shapes and perspectives, getting to know different fonts and preparing the final file for print.
2. Semester: Create photo series on different topics for your portfolio. Learn more about design theory and colour management and get to know digital workflows. Work creatively with perspectives, the relationship between shapes and contrasts, generate and edit scans.
3. Semester: When designing, you pay attention to the right balance between functionality and design. You create concepts for image campaigns and strategies, determine the framework for costs, are responsible for obtaining image copyright and develop a corporate design manual.
3. Semester: You will learn about camera and lighting technology and take photos of products for an advertising campaign. You can stage images and professionally carry out contract work. In addition to you creativity, you are also aided by your insights into media law.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative industry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Media Designer
- Photo Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semesters. Full time: 3 semesters.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.