Develop your professional skills and know-how in the area of audio technology. Use entrepreneurial knowledge and musical basics in the planning and execution of music productions and realize your concepts from the initial idea all the way to the CD.
- Project planning & project management
- Carrying out audio productions
- Sound, acoustic & post-production techniques
- Basics in music theory & sound design
- Contracts & copyright law in the music industry
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: The right chords, rhythms and sounds come together to form first songs. You will learn how to read triads and intervals in violin and bass clef and play them on a keyboard. You will be able to bring your composition together in a lead sheet using common notation programmes.
1. Semester: This course is about recording in practice! You will learn how to adjust the levels of microphones, insert audio and MIDI files and independently record a band. In doing so, you will learn the basics of audio technology and the use of external sound generators.
2. Semester: You will learn how to properly communicate your goals and manage your time efficiently. How do I present my product, which marketing methods are appropriate, how do I successfully work in a team? These and other questions help turn your ideas into viable projects.
2. Semester: Edit your sound with the help of professional studio software and complete the final mix of your recordings. Make use of samplers, synthesizers, equalizers, dynamics and effects and carry out a complete and documented music production together with a band.
3. Semester: You advise artists and are familiar with the financial, contractual and organisational basics: music marketing, promotion and sales. Here it is important to keep an eye on the maths and to draft contracts and licences.
3. Semester: You are responsible for musical direction by generating recordings in stereo and surround. Advanced recording techniques help you find the right sound for radio and television shows. Finally, a complete DVD documentation is provided.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative industry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Audio Engineer
- Sound Designer
- Music Editor
- Music Producer
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semesters. Full time: 3 semesters.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.