Combine composition with sound engineering and master the diverse range of challenges in modern music production. The combination of musical theory content with creative implementation make your ideas come to life and you are directly able to put your arrangements into sound.
- Microphoning, recording & mixing in the studio
- Live sound & post-production
- Sound & musical directing in stereo & surround
- Composition & Arrangement
- Acoustic & analogue recording techniques
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: This course is about recording in practice! You will learn how to adjust the levels of microphones, insert audio and MIDI files and independently record a band. In doing so, you will learn the basics of audio technology and the use of external sound generators.
1. Semester: The right chords, rhythms and sounds come together to form first songs. You will learn how to read triads and intervals in violin and bass clef and play them on a keyboard. You will be able to bring your composition together in a lead sheet using common notation programmes.
2. Semester: Edit your sound with the help of professional studio software and complete the final mix of your recordings. Make use of samplers, synthesizers, equalizers, dynamics and effects and carry out a complete and documented music production together with a band.
2. Semester: In order to write your own pieces, it is important to analyse other works. What is the bass line, which chord progressions are harmonious, which groove fits to which style? You will gain an insight into the basics of composition and will lay the foundation for your inspiration.
3. Semester: You are responsible for musical direction by generating recordings in stereo and surround. Advanced recording techniques help you find the right sound for radio and television shows. Finally, a complete DVD documentation is provided.
3. Semester: Inspired by jazz harmonics, cadences, scales and modal changes you create compositions such as for four voices with the help of professional notation software. You work with the instruments of pop music and notate complex arrangements by ear.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative iandustry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Audio Engineer
- Live Engineer
- Studio Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Music Editor
- Mastering Engineer
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semesters. Full time: 3 semesters.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.