Interactive Audio Designer
You create virtual soundscapes a nd 3D sound & work closely with game developers, directors, production companies & the media industry. Interactive applications, games and VR content come to life through your dynamic audio design.
- Adaptive sound design & non-linear music production
- Interactive audio for games & industry (POI, POS)
- Multichannel sound, Ambisonics & dynamic mixing
- Audio production for virtual,- mixed & augmented reality
- Asset implementation, game engines & middleware
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: The right chords, rhythms and sounds come together to form first songs. You will learn how to read triads and intervals in violin and bass clef and play them on a keyboard. You will be able to bring your composition together in a lead sheet using common notation programmes.
1. Semester: This course is about recording in practice! You will learn how to adjust the levels of microphones, insert audio and MIDI files and independently record a band. In doing so, you will learn the basics of audio technology and the use of external sound generators.
2. Semester: Edit your sound with the help of professional studio software and complete the final mix of your recordings. Make use of samplers, synthesizers, equalizers, dynamics and effects and carry out a complete and documented music production together with a band.
2. Semester: You are responsible for musical direction by generating recordings in stereo and surround. Advanced recording techniques help you find the right sound for radio and television shows. Finally, a complete DVD documentation is provided.
3. Semester: Your 3D sound dynamically brings to life computer games and movies. You create rich interactive sound worlds for virtual, mixed and augmented reality and work closely with developers, directors, production companies and the media industry.
3. Semester: You create powerful multi-channel productions and interactive sounds for the audio, film and games industries. As well as being familiar with the latest audio standards, you are able to implement your sound assets in game engines and across many formats.
Welcome to the exciting world of music, media and the arts – the creative industry.
Across the globe, artistic and communication as well as organisational and technical professions are among the most fun and in demand. Today, the creative sector is the third largest employer and the need for experienced experts and universal talents is growing from day to day. New trends and technical developments provide the impulse for near unlimited creativity and design opportunities.
Start your career as
- Interactive Audio Designer
- Studio Engineer for Film & Games
- Music Editor for Advertising & Corporate Sound
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semester. Full time: 3 semester.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 75 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.