You are familiar with all steps of video production. You are able to completely create your own videos from camera work, sound and light to cuts. Your skills in project and media management enable you to plan, execute and commercially market projects.
- Image design & dramaturgy in film
- Camera work, perspective & lighting
- Audio dubbing & synchronisation of sound and image
- Film editing, MAZ & post-production
- Media law, project management & shooting schedule
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: You will learn how to use a film and video camera, obtain an insight into image design and dramaturgy as well as sound technology and lighting. You will create your own first clips and videos. You will assist a cameraman and will record original and atmospheric sound.
1. Semester: You will learn the basics of creative film cutting from the raw footage to the final cut. Learn about video signal and MAZ technology and train in optimal editing techniques. Develop your own cutting rhythm in doing so.
2. Semester: Learn about the basics of technology, image design and dramaturgy when it comes to filming. You will be responsible for the concept, shooting schedule and post-production. Together with the director you will work on small projects and cut footage which you have filmed.
2. Semester: You look through film footage and make use of your knowledge of dramaturgy, aesthetics and action rhythm. You optimise image and sound recording, synchronise the effects and music with it and provide structure to video clips, adverts, music videos and short films.
3. Semester: Be it the title sequence of a film, a trailer, music video, web or mobile design - moving images need to be designed. You work closely together with directors, programmers and producers and develop logos and openers as well as motion graphics and fonts.
3. Semester: You'll expand your skills in motion graphics and typography to include modeling, texturing, shading, and rigging in three-dimensional space. You'll create ideas on how to visually enhance film footage through compositing and apply them using industry-standards.