Short course: (Online) Complete Intermediate Ableton Live Short Course (6 Saturdays)
Building upon the Intro course, students will be taken on a journey through more advanced / intermediate concepts that will surely serve to help increase their efficiency, build their confidence further and to help students deepen existing learnings.
The key aim of this course is to build upon their foundation and to arm them with many proven tips and techniques that will help them develop ideas, commit to them and complete their music in a far more efficient manner whilst helping improve their overall sound and quality of composition, arrangement, sound design etc.
The course will dive deeper into advanced music production processes and will unpack more Ableton Live functionality along with a further deepening of existing music production and related knowledge. Building upon existing Ableton Live knowledge, students will be coached and supported further to help them achieve some of their musical goals with the key aim to finish more music, confidently, creatively and efficiently.
Both existing students and new students are all welcome.
After this short course students will be able to:
- Develop an idea using many different tips and techniques and complete a full track from an 8 bar loop
- Advanced dynamics processing concepts and techniques to deliver the desired punch and polish synonymous with well produced commercial tracks (e.g Parallel Compression, the importance of selecting different reverbs for different elements & purposes, developing cohesion between elements and many more)
- Unpacking the importance of improvisation & ideation, converting newly formed ideas into bankable, re-usable creations for later use
- Advanced use of MIDI, software instruments, MIDI effects, MIDI mapping, and the use of midi controllers creatively
- Advanced automation of effects, sends, returns and instrument parameters along with how to use these to build tension, impact and movement
- Advanced performance in Ableton Live and the creation and use of your own sounds to begin developing your own niche and ‘sound’
- Advanced workflow techniques to drive out creative blocks and help ideas flow more freely and effortlessly into their creations
- Understand intermediate to advanced music production techniques and furthering useful music theory for the beginner advancing to intermediate
- Intermediate to advanced composition, arrangement and song writing for the electronic music producer including:
- Layering multiple elements and the careful use of EQ and compression to bring cohesion to this technique
- Song form and how to create a structure that works for their desired niche
- Creating atmospheric effects from samples and synthesisers
- Creating risers, impacts, crashes etc. from scratch and how to effectively introduce and incorporate into their own works
- How to ‘test’ ideas before committing to them and how to get out of the 8 bar loop syndrome most producers experience early on in their production journey
- Creation of a template to fast track new track creation, developing new ideas and bring greater efficiency into their production process
- And many more…
- Advanced mixing techniques and exporting finished tracks to install the habit of finishing your work and sharing appropriately for feedback
- Further critical listening skills & ear training: How to correctly use other people’s music as a reference to improve your own
- Understand methods of storing and sharing your music online both to showcase their creations or for collaboration purposes
- Utilise your newly developed foundation knowledge to further your musical journey and expand on confidently, into other areas of musical interest
Tell me more
Level: Intermediate- Advanced
Equipment Requirements: Your own device to access classes
Course dates: Online Dates: 26th September, 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st October 2020 (6 x Saturdays – 2pm - 5pm )
699 AUD Melbourne Offer $299
Details: Upon registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail and will be contacted directly for more details and information on how to access course and materials needed.
About the trainer:
Chris Pana has been a DJ for almost 20 years and an electronic music producer for over 10 years, specialising in Ableton and in dance orientated styles including trance, techno and progressive house. Some of his career highlights include having performed at some of Australia’s biggest dance festivals around Australia and radio shows including: Slinky, Godskitchen, Advent*Jah, Kiss FM, his own radio show ‘Needle Damage’ on DiFM, Summerdayze After Parties and has supported some of the worlds most prominent artists including: Ferry Corsten, Christopher Lawrence, Guy Ornadel, Gareth Emery, Solarstone, Jaytech, John 00 Fleming, Dave Joy, Sample Gee, K90, Pulsar, Steve Helstrip (The Thrillseekers), Push (M.I.K.E), Above and Beyond, Adam White, Eddie Halliwell, A*S*Y*S, Alphazone & many many more.
Now as an educator encompassing the art of DJ’ing and electronic music production, students are offered direct access to his depth of experience, he dives deep, lives, eats and breathes music, sharing his own unique experiences and processes helping transform his students into well rounded professionals. From how to navigate the music business, tap into their untapped creativity and engage with their audience he is passionate in preparing students for the world stage, local club or festival. When you‘ve spent time with Chris, you can be assured you’ll walk away massively inspired and armed with the knowledge and know how to build your confidence to make your own mark and dent in the industry.