Short course: The Ultimate Ableton Live Course (6 Saturdays)
Our six week Ableton Short course has undergone a makeover and is now bigger and better than ever! Now incorporating more intermediate/advanced skills, this immersive and comprehensive Ableton Live music production short course will teach you the fundamental skills needed to understand and navigate the core functionality of Ableton Live as well as music production skills and creative thinking skills to help you create your first music track from start to finish; a foundation to further build upon after the course. See this course as a stepping stone as you embark on your music journey and one where your trainer will help equip you with the necessary foundation to kick start your music career or hobby where you will be exposed to valuable industry insights and experiences along the way to reinforce the teachings and learnings in a fun, relaxed and collaborative atmosphere.
After this workshop you will:
- Navigate the Ableton Live interface efficiently and comfortably use its key, core functions including equalization, compression and different audio effects
- Produce through recording and editing audio, including working with audio loops and MIDI
- Understanding and using MIDI, software instruments, MIDI effects, MIDI mapping, and the use of midi controllers creatively
- Be able to creatively use automation for effects, sends, returns and instrument parameters
- Performance in Ableton Live – Launching clips from session view and exporting stems for performance or collaboration with other producers
- Workflow techniques to help you produce faster, easier and more efficiently
- Understand basic music production techniques and basic useful music theory for the beginner
- Basic composition, arrangement and song writing for the electronic music producer
- Mixing techniques and exporting finished tracks to install the habit of finishing your work
- Critical listening skills & ear training: How to make your music sound good by listening / referencing others and develop an understanding of ‘how they did it’
- Understand methods of storing and sharing your music online
- Be able to work with others and collaborate on music projects and ideas
- Utilise your newly developed foundation knowledge to further your musical journey and expand on confidently, into other areas of musical interest
Other topics covered:
- Tips on choosing your sounds and creating your own, cultivating creativity and developing sparks of inspirations. Improvisation and the art of 'happy accidents' and more.
- Successful completion of this course will attract a discounted enrolment into the Intermediate Ableton Live short course
Tell me more
Level: Beginners - Intermediate
Equipment: All technical equipment will be provided, bring yourself and your enthusiasm to create and learn!
Course dates: 6 | 13 | 20 | 27 February, 6 | 13 March 2021(6 x Saturdays – 10.30am - 01.30pm )
699 AUD Melbourne Offer $299
Details: Upon registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail and will be contacted directly for more details and information prior to course start date.
About the trainer:
Chris Pana has been a DJ for almost 20 years and an electronic music producer for over 10 years, specialising in Ableton and in dance orientated styles including trance, techno and progressive house. Some of his career highlights include having performed at some of Australia’s biggest dance festivals around Australia and radio shows including: Slinky, Godskitchen, Advent*Jah, Kiss FM, his own radio show ‘Needle Damage’ on DiFM, Summerdayze After Parties and has supported some of the worlds most prominent artists including: Ferry Corsten, Christopher Lawrence, Guy Ornadel, Gareth Emery, Solarstone, Jaytech, John 00 Fleming, Dave Joy, Sample Gee, K90, Pulsar, Steve Helstrip (The Thrillseekers), Push (M.I.K.E), Above and Beyond, Adam White, Eddie Halliwell, A*S*Y*S, Alphazone & many many more.
Now as an educator encompassing the art of DJ’ing and electronic music production, students are offered direct access to his depth of experience, he dives deep, lives, eats and breathes music, sharing his own unique experiences and processes helping transform his students into well rounded professionals. From how to navigate the music business, tap into their untapped creativity and engage with their audience he is passionate in preparing students for the world stage, local club or festival. When you‘ve spent time with Chris, you can be assured you’ll walk away massively inspired and armed with the knowledge and know how to build your confidence to make your own mark and dent in the industry.