Compose and write texts for all types of pop music. Whether you are performing on stage yourself or developing original songs for a client: you are not only able to bring your creative ideas to paper but also produce your own high-quality demos.
- Lead sheets, improvisation & stylistics
- Popular composition techniques
- Song layout with notation software
- Arranging & producing demo tracks
- Copyright & song marketing
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: You develop the right practice strategies and are a master at your technique. You will learn how to sight read and play/sing melodies and rhythms. You will practice to train your ear and design sound and you will also learn how to improvise with other people's musical material.
1. Semester: The right chords, rhythms and sounds come together to form first songs. You will learn how to read triads and intervals in violin and bass clef and play them on a keyboard. You will be able to bring your composition together in a lead sheet using common notation programmes.
2. Semester: You write your own songs and create the lead sheets and demos to go with them. Not only will you get to know the different pop music styles but will also learn how to implement them. You compose and learn how to market songs with texts and ensure the copyright is protected.
2. Semester: In order to write your own pieces, it is important to analyse other works. What is the bass line, which chord progressions are harmonious, which groove fits to which style? You will gain an insight into the basics of composition and will lay the foundation for your inspiration.
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 4 semester. Full time: 2 semester.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 69 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.