You provide the images for all kinds of reports. You professionally edit the pictures and draft informative texts and image descriptions. Adapt to different processes and ways of working in various editorial and technological contexts and on a variety of topics.
- Selection of camera, lens & lighting
- Research & editorial work
- Image design & digital photo editing
- Texts & journalistic ways of presenting
- Photo series & report photography
Single courses in your Diploma
1. Semester: You will learn how to draft press releases and texts for advertising and PR. Make use of classical journalistic ways of presenting and learn useful aspects of story-telling, media law and efficient research. Develop your own style of writing and stylistic confidence.
1. Semester: You use cameras, lenses, lighting and flash and assist a photographer in their work. In doing so you get to know the basics of visual communication and image design, carry out lighting measurements and become familiar with editing digital images.
2. Semester: You will learn how to conduct interviews, research topics and edit texts. You develop headlines and prepare suitable content for the internet. Learn about the basics of layout, image editing and web design as well as basic principles of journalistic publishing.
2. Semester: Create photo series on different topics for your portfolio. Learn more about design theory and colour management and get to know digital workflows. Work creatively with perspectives, the relationship between shapes and contrasts, generate and edit scans.
3. Semester: You are able to prepare your contents for all relevant social media and broadcasting platforms and fit them into the specific storytelling. Next to content conception you are familiar with content production and know how to realize projects for broadcasting and how to go “live” on every common platform.
3. Semester: You will learn about camera and lighting technology and take photos of products for an advertising campaign. You can stage images and professionally carry out contract work. In addition to you creativity, you are also aided by your insights into media law.
Course structure / Duration
The overall duration of the training depends on how many individual courses are taken. Each individual course runs for one semester (half a year). Individual courses which do not build on one another can also be taken in parallel. It is therefore possible to complete individual training courses either part time or full time.
Part time: 6 semester. Full time: 3 semester.
You will be able to finance your Diploma course from as little as € 69 per month. The course fees can be paid per month or per semester. If all course fees are paid up front and in full you can save up to 20%. You will find an overview of our course fees in our free information brochure. Our team on site will be happy to help you plan your training or study course during a personal advisory meeting.